This recipe is easier than Sookie Stackhouse on last night’s True Blood. I mean, COME ON. A bed in the woods? SNOW? With fur blankets? I DIE.
Anyway, it’s a few simple ingredients and cooks up really quickly on the grill. I’ve been addicted to grilling things I’d normally stick in the oven. For one, even though it’s been beautiful weather the last week or so, it has been REALLY hot lately so it’s nice to not turn an oven on. And for another, I love the way grilled things taste – earthy and smoky – and the flavor seems to go really well with fresh herbs from my garden.
My rosemary plant is one of the few that is thriving (Basil, why hast thou forsaken me!?!?) so I grabbed one long sprig, stripped the leaves and finely diced it. This recipe is based on one very large sweet potato that we picked up from the farmer’s market this weekend which was plenty for the two of us. You could also use two smaller ones. I leave the skin on because it’s easier to just peel it off after it’s cooked I think.
Recipe: Grilled Sweet Potato Medallions in a Garlic Rosemary Butter Sauce
- 1 large (2 small) sweet potatoes, washed and sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp finely diced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- sea salt, sprinkled on top
- Wash and slice the sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch rounds and place on foil sheet.
- Melt the butter in a bowl and add the chopped rosemary and garlic.
- Stir and spoon/drizzle on each round.
- Lightly salt the tops.
- Place on grill and cook on low, about 5 minutes each side.