My Favorite Summer Recipe Round-Up
It’s raining. And 65 degrees out. On June 25. In Iowa. Not Russia. I don’t think there are adequate words in the English language to describe how much I hate the weather out here. I should be sitting outside with a glass of chilled wine watching my kids play in the sprinklers. Instead I’m inside making soup and stock, I kid you not. IN. JUNE.
So I’ve decided to pretend it is actually sunny and warm and I’m in my cute new skirt I just bought outside and give you a list of my favorite summer recipes I’ve come across lately. Even if I’m technically inside watching Gnomeo and Juliet for the 90th time in crappy sweats and bedhead.
1) Homemade BBQ Sauce (corn-free too!) from Heidi at Adventures of a Gluten-Free Mom
2) Grilled Asparagus with Balsamic Tomatoes from Kim at Cook It Allergy Free
3) Simple Summer Smoothies from Nancy at The Sensitive Pantry
4) Grilled Romaine from the Half-Assed Kitchen
5) Fennel-Rubbed Flank Steak from Jen’s Gone Paleo
6) Jerk Short Ribs from Purely Primal
7) Dairy-Free Strawberries and Cream Ice Pops from Silvana’s Kitchen.
8) Grain-Free Strawberry Birthday Cake from Kelly at The Spunky Coconut
9) Red Pepper Ginger Margarita from WOD Fuel – I Crossfit with D and have actually had this drink at a Paleo Potluck one night and it was AWESOME. Unique and totally refreshing.
10) Kohlrabi, Apple, and Bacon Slaw from Jan’s Sushi Bar
And of course, check out Chowstalker for an amazing database of real-food/primal/paleo recipes from all over the web.
I’m sure there’s more so maybe I’ll make this a regular-type thing. Your turn: share a link or a recipe for your favorite summer dish you’ve seen. I need to at least PRETEND it’s summer for Christmas sakes.