Oven Crispy Roasted Broccoli
I got home last night from BlogHerFood and I wish I was recovered enough to form coherent thoughts about the conference. The were some amazing points: meeting incredible men and women, learning from panels, and dancing. Oh, there was dancing (and POM martinis).
I’ll write more on it later once I’ve actually unpacked, gone through my luggage and business cards. For now, you get broccoli. What? That’s not a good enough substitute for martini-laden conference stories? Well, you’ll just have to trust me, because I made 8 cups of this and there’s none left.
My mother used to make an oven crispy broccoli with breadcrumbs and it was one of the only ways I’d eat it. I wanted to replicate it in a healthier way, totally grain-free. I used walnut meal (because I had it) but you could use another nut meal (not flour). If you don’t already own nut meal, simply make your own in a blender or food processor. Be careful not to overblend so you don’t get nut butter (although that is yummy!)
Recipe: Oven Crispy Roasted Broccoli
- 8 c. chopped broccoli florets, roughly
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp walnut meal
- 1 tsp flax meal (optional)
- 3 tbsp fresh grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt
- Take approximately four broccoli crowns and break into florets. Save the stems and slice them thinly.
- Place broccoli into a large bowl and pour olive oil in.
- Toss until evenly coated.
- In a smaller bowl, mix walnut meal, onion & garlic powder, flax meal, salt, and cheese.
- Add the dry mix to the oil-coated broccoli and toss until coated.
- Place in baking dish (I used 13×9) and cook at 375 for 35-40 minutes until broccoli is soft but edges are lightly brown.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 35-45 minutes
Diet (other): Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner