Grain-Free Dairy-Free Coconut Pumpkin Muffins
This post submitted to Real Food Wednesday! Go check out some other Real Food Recipes.
Remember my Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie? Yeah, well I used canned pumpkin and still had some in the fridge. I HATE wasting food so I figured I had to use it somehow. So why not bake? These came out incredibly moist and flavorful. Only issue? I can’t stop eating them. By my estimation, they’re a little over 200 calories but have 9 grams of protein, perfect for a post-workout snack. Unless you eat two of them. Then it’s breakfast, right? Right.
Best part? I used barely any sweetener: all of the sweetness comes from dates, which I pureed in the food processor with a little honey, which you can alter as you want. These will be very moist due to the high egg content needed to bind coconut flour but it works perfectly against the crunchy bits of shredded coconut
Coconut Pumpkin MuffinsGrain-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Refined-Sugar-Free
What you need:
- 1/2 c pitted dates
- 2-3 tsp. honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 c. pumpkin (canned is fine, but make sure it’s JUST pumpkin)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp. shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 c. coconut flour, sifted
What you do:
- Put your dates in a food processor or blender and turn on, slowly drizzle in a little bit of honey at a time. You will get basically one giant lump of pureed date paste.
- Add in the melted coconut oil and blend until mixed well.
- Next, add in the pumpkin.
- Transfer to a bowl and add in eggs, coconut, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla.
- In a separate small bowl, stir the baking soda into the sifted coconut flour.
- Add the flour mix to the wet mix and stir thoroughly. Batter will be…um.. gloppy. Yeah, that’s a word.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, makes 6 muffins.