Green Beans in a White Wine Cream Sauce with Almonds
I wanted to title this “Green Bean AndreAnnadine” kind of like a play on Green Beans Almondine but 1) my name is really long and 2) that’s just a tiiiiiny bit self-inflated. Only a little.
I threw this recipe together for Christmas dinner along but with all the commotions, happiness, and booze people over I never wrote anything down. So I made it again last night and made sure I had my pen and paper nearby. Last night’s dinner were these Oven-Crispy Grain-Free Primal Chicken Nuggets made with sesame seeds and almond meal and since they’re so simple, I thought it would be nice to have a fancy(ish) side. Even if the side IS super easy to make. These are not dairy-free, but you could eliminate the cream (and just use ghee) and they would still be delicious.
Green Beans in a White Wine Cream Sauce With Almonds
What you need:
- 4 cups cooked fresh green beans. (I just steamed them in the microwave)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 dry white wine
- 1/8 c. cream
- 1/2 c. sliced (or slivered almonds)
- salt and pepper to taste
What you do:
1) In a saucepan, melt the butter and add the garlic. Cook on medium for 3-5 minutes.
2) Add in white wine and heavy cream and whisk for 5 more minutes on medium. Turn off heat.
3) Stir in cooked green beans and almonds. That’s it!