Grain-Free Mini Apple Pie Bake
This is another recipe courtesy of my husband who was apparently going to die in a fiery dramatic way if he didn’t satiate his apple puff pastry craving.
I picked up a bag of organic granny smiths and told him to “figure something out.” And that he did.
Grain-Free Mini Apple Bake
What you need:
For the filling:
- 4 granny smith apples
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp. local honey (or agave)
- 1 tbsp. coconut/almond flour
For the crust:
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 3/4 1 c. almond four
- 1-2 tsp. honey (or agave)
What you do:
- Peel and slice the apples. Stir in the honey until the apples are coated, then stir in cinnamon and flour.
- To make the crust, slowly cut the flour into the butter until thoroughly mixed. Add in honey for sweetness.
- We used two small ramekins for this but you could use one small baking dish.
- Place apple mixture in butter-coated dish (to prevent sticking).
- Roll out dough and place on top of apple mixture.
- Bake at 325 for 30-40 minutes or until top is golden brown.
There are a lot of variations you can add to this: nuts, dried fruit, fresh whipped cream, etc. The possibilities are endless. Or they would be if there was any of this left to experiment on.